2017 Husqvarna Motorcycles FC 450
Call for Price
The flagship FC 450 offers class leading performance in a lightweight, capable package. Every aspect is designed to offer exceptional performance in conjunction with rider comfort and ergonomics making the FC 450 equally appealing to amateur and professional riders alike. Traction control, map select and WP AER 48 forks are just a few of the standard features which ensure the highest levels of performance and premium quality.
- Powerful engine: The SOHC engine is the perfect example of the advanced engineering techniques used by Husqvarna motorcycles. The 450cc offers a peak power of 63 hp at an overall weight of just 27.8kg. Mass-centralisation is key in the engine design, enabling chassis engineers to position the engine closer to the centre of gravity for greatly improved handling and manoeuvrability.
- Gearbox: The lightweight 5-speed gearbox has a low-friction coating on the shifting fork guaranteeing smooth and precise shifting. The gear lever features a design that prevents dirt build-up and keeps the lever tip in its original position in even the toughest conditions while an advanced gear sensor allows for specific engine maps tailored for each gear.
- Lightweight frame: With years of experience in designing the most advanced steel frames in offroad, the engineers in Research and Development designed a chromium molybdenum steel frame that redefines every structural aspect that benefits handling, ergonomics and packaging. With carefully calculated tortional and longitudinal flex, the frame works in harmony with the suspension to offer sharp handling and superior comfort. These characteristics, matched to a lightweight and compact engine design, offer exceptional handling precision while at the same time increasing bump-absorption and feeling.
- Carbon fibre subframe: The use of carbon fibre strips away weight, improving weight distribution and bringing weight closer to the centre of gravity for precise handling. The composition of the material is 30% carbon fibre and the overall 3-piece construction is remarkably light but also very strong for an overall weight of 1.4 kg. Additionally, a specific rigidity has been calculated in the component for optimal handling and rider ergonomics.
- Crankshaft: The inertia produced by the crankshaft has been carefully calculated to deliver optimal traction and ride-ability from the powerful 450cc plant. Perfectly positioned, the component harnesses the rotating mass at the ideal centre of gravity resulting in a lightweight and agile handling feel. A plain big end bearing comprising of two force-fitted bearing shells ensure maximum reliability and durability, guaranteeing long service intervals of 100 hours.
- CNC machined triple clamps: The black-anodised CNC machined triple clamps feature a rubber damping system that reduces vibration, increasing comfort. Additionally, the triple clamps have been meticulously designed to evenly distribute the clamping force on the fork leg, maximizing contact area for optimal sensitivity and minimum friction. For MY17 the upper triple clamp has been re-designed to compliment the new WP AER48 front forks.
- Magura hydraulic clutch: The high quality German-made Magura clutch system guarantees even wear, almost maintenance-free operation and perfect modulation in every condition. This means that play is constantly compensated so that the pressure point and function of the clutch remain identical in cold or hot conditions, as well as over time.
- DDS clutch: The FC 450 features a DDS (Dampened Diaphragm Steel) clutch opposed to the CSS clutch found on the FC 250 and FC 350. The exclusive characteristics of this system include a single diaphragm steel pressure plate instead of traditional coil springs and integrates a damping system for increased traction and durability. The clutch basket is a single-piece CNC machined steel component that allows the use of thin steel liners and contributes to the compact design of the engine.
- Functional bodywork: Modern and functional bodywork with traditional Husqvarna blue and yellow accents mark a simplistic yet stylish Swedish design. The ergonomics have been specifically tailored to deliver high levels of comfort and control, enabling riders to perform at their peak for extended periods of time. The high grip seat cover keeps the rider positioned under hard acceleration or in slippery conditions.
- New WP AER 48 suspension: The WP AER 48 is a new milestone in the development of Husqvarna motocross models. It is safe, lightweight and easy to adjust through a single air valve and supplied fork pump for pre-load and click adjusters for compression and rebound. The system is made up of a set of split-system forks consisting of an air suspension unit and a hydraulic damping unit. The new forks offer a weight reduction of 1.6 kg in comparison to conventional fork systems of MY16. The forks are extremely responsive thanks to friction-optimized surface coating on the outer and inner tube surfaces and optimally designed sealing systems.Together with the fully adjustable WP DCC rear shock, Husqvarna offers superior suspension performance, feeling and comfort.
- Brakes: Class-leading Brembo callipers and controls with high quality waved GSK discs deliver superior stopping power instilling confidence in any condition. 260mm disc front and 220mm rear. New for MY17 is a rear brake lever which is 10mm longer as well as new rear brake pads that are less aggressive and provide improved modulation.
- Wheels and tyres: Black high-strength alloy rims by DID are coupled to CNC machined hubs using lightweight spokes and silver anodised aluminium nipples. Fitted are new Dunlop MX 3S Motocross tyres that feature the proven “block-within-a-block” design for more progressive cornering and superior grip.
- New map switch: The FC 450 features a new handlebar map switch. Optimised for easy operation, the new map switch now selects between two engine maps, operates launch control and activates a new traction control feature. Traction control works by analysing throttle input from the rider and the rate at which the RPM increases. If the RPM increases too quickly, the EMS will register a loss of grip and reduce the amount of power to the rear wheel ensuring maximum traction.
- Engine management system: The Keihin EMS is specifically designed to be smaller, lighter and faster at processing data. It integrates launch control for perfect starts, selectable engine maps as well as traction control. Additionally, via a gear sensor, the EMS selects a power delivery tailored for each gear.
- 44 mm throttle body: The FC 450 features a 44 mm Keihin throttle body. The injector is positioned to ensure the most efficient flow of fuel into the combustion chamber while, in an effort to ensure optimal throttle response, the throttle cable is mounted directly without a throttle linkage providing more immediate throttle response and feeling
- Electric start and Li-Ion battery: Along with the benefit of easy starting, the standard electric starting system is combined with a compact Li-Ion battery which is 1 kg lighter than a conventional battery.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Displacement: 449.9 cm³
- Bore: 95 mm
- Stroke: 63.4 mm
- Starter: Electric starter
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Primary drive: 31:76
- Secondary gear ratio: 13:48
- Clutch: Wet, multi-disc clutch, Magura hydraulics
- EMS: Keihin EMS
- Frame design: 25CrMo4 steel central-tube frame
- Front suspension: WP-USD, AER 48, Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with linkage
- Suspension travel (front): 310 mm
- Suspension travel (rear): 300 mm
- Front brake: Brembo twin-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Rear brake: Brembo single-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Front brake disc diameter: 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Steering head angle: 63.9 deg.
- Wheelbase: 1485 ± 10 mm
- Ground clearance: 370 mm
- Seat height: 960 mm
- Tank capacity (approx.): 7 l
- Weight without fuel: 101.2 kg
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- 449.9 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 95 x 63.4 mm
- Front Suspension
- WP-USD, AER 48, Ø 48 mm
- Front Brakes
- Brembo twin-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber with linkage
- Rear Brakes
- Brembo single-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Dry Weight
- 101.2 kg
- Fuel Capacity
- 7 L
- 1485 ± 10 mm
- Ground Clearance
- 370 mm
- Seat Height
- 960 mm
- Final Drive
- Chain 5/8 x 1/4 in.